- High quality menu and extensive training and support programs.
- Stylized design-foward décor elements
- Proven operating systems
- Industry leading support and training programs
- Turnkey site selection and construction
Typical Restaurant Size
Fatburger operates a number of models. The most common is the 2,200 square foot strategic end cap unit with 50-60 seat capacity. This model is typically located at major outdoor retail centres. Other models include:
- Original Urban
- 800 -1,400 sq ft
- 20-34 seats
- Food court/gallery location
- customized menu for fast cook times and unique paging system for meal pick-up
- Stand alone with drive thru
- 2,200 sq ft +
- 50-60 seats
- customized “limited edition express” drive thru menu for fast cook times
- Upper tier Fast Casual Fatburger Grill and Bar
- 2,400 – 2,800 sq ft with 70+ seats
- Includes flex casual table service and bar with expanded menu
- Year Founded: 1952
- Franchising Since: 2005
- Total Units: 40 plus 5 additional units opening 2014. 12-15 units in development for 2015
- Geographic Distribution:BC, AB, SK, MB, ON
- Franchise Fee: $50,000
- Royalty Fee:6%
- Marketing Fee: 3%
- Total Required Investment: Approximately $350-650K
- Cash/equity required:Approximately $175,000 to $400,000
Be a Fatburger Franchise Partner
As in the case with most franchise operations, entrepreneurial abilities and effective business management capabilities are vital. Most critical to your success, however, is your commitment to the systems and standards involved in the daily operation of your restaurant.
Restaurant experience is beneficial but not essential – Fatburger has an excellent ongoing training and support system.
Timelines for opening a new Fatburger location vary depending on area, location and site selection process, as well as municipal permitting. Typical range is between 12 to 18 months. Our management and construction team will work with you to customize a schedule for opening your new Fatburger restaurant.
Return on Investment
Profitability of your Fatburger depends on many factors, including owner involvement, marketing efforts, brand execution, cost control and local, regional and general economic conditions. Operational costs including lease, labour costs including management effectiveness, food and other supply items will influence your profitability, too.
As you proceed through the franchising process, Fatburger will provide detailed pro formas, representing average figures achieved in our existing locations. These pro formas will be adapted to assist you with budget projections for your particular market and restaurant
For more information on Franchise Opportunities contact:
or call 1-888-597-7272